Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Wednesday




Recyclables Day!


53 degrees and breezy .......

and another day in New Hampshire.
If you want to know what happened there last night, click here:


  • Wednesday: Morning thunderstorms, then rain tapering to showers through early afternoon. Becoming quite windy by mid to late morning, with 20-40 mph gusts likely. Morning highs in the upper 40s, but falling throughout the day.
  • Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy and cooler. Low around 30.
  • Thursday: A mix of sun and clouds, but increasing clouds in the afternoon. High: 40, Low: 32
  • Friday: Freezing rain in the Adirondacks changing over to plain rain. Elsewhere, just plain rain. High: 41, Low: 30
************


Yesterday there was one place to be - OUTDOORS!

The temperature here in the Hollow rose to nearly 70, and it was grand!

Around the village, runners wore shorts and T's ..........

and others looked uncomfortably overdressed!


These gals were walking so fast that I asked them to slow down so that I could take their picture!



This was the busiest place in town .......

all day long!



Up in Dicksville, there isn't a single sign of Winter.
It's staying lighter later, too, and this grand sunset glowed 'til nearly 6:00!



*****************
In the Mailbox:

Waterville's Boys' Varsity Basketball played a great game on Monday evening -

Waterville 43, Oppenheim-Ephratah 37
R.J. Baumgarten had 14 points and 10 rebounds and Viktor Selyuhitsky added seven points and 11 rebounds as Waterville won a nonleague crossover. Shawn Seeley led Oppenheim with 14 points.

- and a Waterville fan who was at the game sent this original poem for our enjoyment!

*******

The Fan

by Spud Hill

I went to the ball game promising to be quiet and not say a word
When the game started I opened my mouth and this is what I heard
Why did you blow your whistle ref no one got hurt?
You probably think you’re so cool in your Zebra shirt

Tell me ref why did you blow your whistle and stop play
Then the ref turns to me and I heard him say
Keep you mouth shut and sit down
Or I’ll have security throw you out on your crown

I opened my mouth again and gave this reply
Why I said it I’ll never know why
My comments to you sir are only a suggestion
If you don’t understand me then ask me a question

I work hard in the stands at every game
You kind of make it easy to find someone to blame
You really stick out in your Zebra attire
So when I see you coming I get ready to fire

I can’t get the coach to listen to me any more
I only try to tell him how to run the team and increase the score
So I pick on the one on the floor who is out of style
It makes me feel good for just a little while

Now I had the refs’ attention and every one could hear me yell
Every one was looking at me and my ego began to swell
Because I had the ref speechless he could only nod and give me a smirk
Then he turned and said to me please sir this is a game not an audition for a jerk

*********************

Becky Maggio sent me this great poster - a reminder that it's Great Fish Fry Month at the Legion!

*****************


And Lynne Matteson wrote that "Lee the Horse Logger" is on the road again. I'll try and track him down, today!


Have a good one!