Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday

It's 15.6 degrees and clear.

GARBAGE DAY!

From WKTV: "A cold front will move in tomorrow late morning with a quick burst of snow but we should expect little to no accumulation. Behind the cold front, skies will turn partly cloudy for the second half of Monday. Temperatures will still be on the cool side with highs in the mid 30s.

Things will start to change as we head into the work week, with a system that will bring us a combination of rain and snow showers Tuesday night into Wednesday. Some lake effect snow showers are possible on the back end of this system, so stay tuned. Another more significant rain maker is possible towards the end of the week. Overall, temperatures stay below normal throughout the rest of March."

*************
I hope that all of you had as nice an Easter Sunday as I. As I had done for many, many years, I started my day very early with a quiet visit to The Root Glen at Hamilton College. Of course I look to see if the Lenten Rose is blooming (no: just budded) and the Winter Aconite bright yellow (yes!) but then I took plenty of time to just sit and be grateful for the blessings that have carried me through the past year. I owe a great deal to my whole family and my many, many friends and I'm always sure to thank God for all of them.

****

Later on, my daughter Allison and her husband Rick and nine-year-old Iain came: Iain helped clean up the many chocolate "bunny droppings" that were cluttering the house and then gave a very competent piano recital ending by letting me play a duet with him! What a thrill! Thank you, Iain!

**********************

I didn't take any pictures, but here are some sent to me to share with you.


*****

Terry Lopata sent this striking picture that Stan took of the moon setting in
Clinton. on Saturday morning.

"Jr." Bartlett!

"I'm waiting for spring to come down and visit my sister Dot and brother-in-law Inchie Ruane plus Jack and Darcy. Got to lookup my old neighbor on stafford ave Lois Battles too. My condolences to the Milt Jannone family he was a great teacher and coach like my highschool graduate friend Paul said in your article. Enclosing a picture of my results in Ice fishing over at Irondequoit Bay in Rochester. I still love to hunt and fish like I did in waterville, (Jack Prior knows) God Bless you All..... Jr. Bartlett class of 55"

Here is the link to the Obituary for Mr. Milton H. Jannone who, as Jr. indicated, was a favorite teacher, back in the '50s.

***********

I also received the next several photographs from Glen Carroll, who wrote: "Unfortunately, running a large group brings time away at special holidays. Though, I must admit, going to sunrise service at the Church of St. John The Baptist on the banks of the Jordan River, for Easter Sunday Mass, certainly does become a high point of being away from Waterville."

Glen is Vice President of International at Par Technologies and adds, "I have 18 offices (about 300 people) around the globe with my most recent additions coming in Germany and Puerto Rico. I always tell people I have the best job in the company because I get to experience the entire world every day."



The new church.

The path to the Jordan River.

(When I remarked that I was dismayed at the size of the Jordan River, he said that - yes -
a great deal of water has been diverted and it is now only about twenty feet wide.)

Getting ready for Sunday Service.


Covered area for Baptisms.

Thank you, Glen!

********
If YOU have pictures of your Easter that you'd like to share, please do send them! Even if you don't have any photographs, tell us where you went and what you did! "Social Notes & Items of Interest" sorts of things!

******

Someone asked me, just a few days ago, about "the violet place" in Dolgeville: here it is!



Click that link - you'll see that they raise more than just African Violets! I havn't been there for several years: time to go, again!

***********

Have a good day!!!