Friday, March 7, 2008

Friday

GOOD LUCK TO

the WCS Jazz Ensemble

at

"Oneida Jazz," today.

**********

It's 23 degrees; no precipitation.

Heart Run & Walk Road Closings and Detours

It's tomorrow's weather that a lot of people are worried about, and here's WKTV's forecast:

"Our next storm system will move in later on this evening and start out as rain. Rain will transition to snow in the higher elevations before midnight. This transition will take longer for the lower elevations and will occur after midnight. A trace to as much as 3" of snow is possible tonight. We'll have a bit of a break for the Heart Run & Walk tomorrow morning. Expect scattered rain showers and cloudy conditions with temperatures in the 30s. Round two of this storm moves in Saturday night. This may initially start out as rain, but as colder air wraps into the region, this rain will transition to snow. It's possible that we could see several inches of accumulation Saturday night into Sunday."

The Weather Channel

**********************************


********


I was away on Wednesday and when I drove back into Waterville on Thursday afternoon this is what I saw: "Time & Temp" on ACCESS! We'll like that!

*********

Cherry Valley.

When I left town, Wednesday morning, ice covered everything from Richfield Springs eastward to Albany.


My travels took me to South Hadley, Massachusetts, and the campus of Mount Holyoke College. I grew up just down the street from this building - Mary Lyon Hall - and always try to make a trip to the campus in March just to see the Spring Flower Show in the century-old Talcott Arboretum.



When I was quite small I'd make a bee-line for the Orchid Room and the Gold Fish Pond......


...but when it's show time, I step from the small entry room down into Springtime and the same smell of moist earth and sweet flowers and the blaze of colors that have always made me cheer, right out loud!



I took lots and lots of pictures and will turn them into a separate post, later today, for those of you who like to see that sort of thing.

********

I'll also be following the weather forecast for tomorrow.

DON'T FORGET!

The Craft Fair and Scholastic Book Fair

will take place at


the Memorial Park Elementary School


tomorrow from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

*****

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME STARTS SUNDAY!

TURN YOUR CLOCKS AHEAD AN HOUR

Saturday night!

*****

HAVE A GREAT DAY!